Thursday 2 July 2015

MAGNITONE LUCID CLEANSING & EXFOLIATION BRUSH | REVIEW


I have always had trouble with my skin so love it when I get the chance to test out new products. Cleansing brushes have been all the rage recently and to see if they live up to the hype, I've been testing out the Magnitone Lucid Cleansing & Exfoliation Brush* (£69.99) and here I am a week later to report my findings. 

The Magnitone Lucid comes with a 7 day promise to leave you with softer and brighter skin. It uses Active Electromagnetic Technology and gently pulsates your skin getting rid of dry dead skin cells and unclogging pores. I was a bit worried that the pulsations would be too rough on my sensitive skin, however there are two modes so you can use the mode that's appropriate for your skin type. The brush also has a timer and automatically turns off after one minute so you don't over exfoliate, beeping every 20 seconds so you can move the brush to a different area of your face. It's even waterproof so you can use it in the shower - how fab is that? 
The brush itself is light and fit in my hand really nicely. It's small size and easy to use magnetic charger make it perfect to take on your travels (I've only had to charge it once this whole week so it's defiantly long lasting!). It also comes with a brush cap to help keep it clean and is available in four different colours: Aqua Green, Pink Plush, Dazzling Blue and Sunshine Yellow. My favourite colour is green so the colour choice was a no brainer for me, but if you're struggling to choose a colour you can even take a quiz to help you decide!

I feel that many products like this tend to over complicate things by having several buttons and settings, but the Magintone Lucid is different. It only has one button to turn it on and change the mode. Simple. Just press it once to turn it on to the deep clean mode and press again if you wish to change to the sensitive mode. How easy is that? Magnitone recommend that you use it on the sensitive mode for the first couple of days just so your skin can get used to the brush. 

So how do I use it? I first massage my cleanser into my face with my hands for around 30 seconds. I then wet the brush with warm water and put a small amount of my cleanser onto my brush and gently work the brush around my face in circular motions. The first time I used the brush, I was really impressed. My skin felt instantly softer and my moisturiser absorbed into my skin really quickly. However after the first few uses my skin did start to break out around my chin, but Magnitone explain that this is completely normal as it is bringing up impurities.

"You many experience some adverse changes to your skin condition after the first few days of using Magnitone Lucid. This is completely normal as your skin adjusts to the new cleansing method. This happens because the Magnitone Lucid is slowly bringing up the deep-rooted oily impurities from your pores to the surface of the skin" - Magnitone
Despite the initial break outs, the condition of my skin has greatly improved with the help of this product. It's really simple to use and it's minimalistic design all adds to it's appeal. I have also been using it on other areas of my body where I get the odd spot and it has worked wonders there too.

I really recommend this product and if you want to purchase one for yourself you can do so here and use my discount code BLOVE20 before July 31st to get 20% off!

Have you tried the Magnitone Lucid or any other cleansing brushes? 

Lots of love, Anna x

1 comments:

  1. This sounds fab!! I must try it! - just took the quiz and obv I got pink ;) xo
    www.blackisthenewblackkk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete