Saturday 20 April 2013

MONOCHROME MADNESS

It was my birthday last month and I got quite a few gift cards that needed spending, so yesterday I went shopping with my mum after a stressful day at college.

Our first stop: House Of Fraser. Now, I must admit, I never shop there. The only reason I go in is because it's the only way to get into Yo! Sushi. However, I had a card to spend so my mum dragged me in. For those of you who don't know, House Of Fraser is a department store which sells lots of products, including clothes from stores such as Miss Selfridge, Super Dry, French Connection and Oasis.

I tried on a few dresses but none of them seemed to fit right - I am tall and skinny so it's hard to find clothes. The last dress I tried was a black and white sixties shift from Oasis. I loved it. I was so cute and quirky and the sixties is a REALLY BIG trend this spring/summer. But guess what? It was too big.



Handing back all the unwanted clothes to the fitting room attendant, I couldn't help but feel embarrassed. It's almost like you're saying to them "I don't like any of your clothes, they're all ugly." But with my body shape, it's just simply because they don't fit me. And with that, I parted ways with the monochrome mini.
Our next stop: H&M. I don't shop in H&M often, but on the odd occasion I find a real gem that I'll wear for years (I have a black skirt which I bought ages ago and still love). I tried on these really funky cropped trousers which show off the ankle, but once again I had the problem of clothes not fitting. Size 10: too big around my bum. Size 8: Too tight and won't zip up.
After rejecting both pairs, I stumbled across a pair of metallic heels. They reminded my of Jonathan Saunders' spring/summer collection which was one of my favourite SS13 collections, and I was instantly taken to the shoes. Unfortunately, they were quite uncomfortable, but I found that the black pair were a little more bearable. Fashion is pain right? H&M gift card well spent!
Stop number 3: Topshop. As I couldn't buy the black and white dress from Oasis, I decided to go for a black and white theme in Topshop. The outcome? A slashed mesh top and a tube skirt. Success.
Lots of love, Anna x

0 comments:

Post a Comment