Monday 21 July 2014

DISNEY COMES TO LIFE | ART

If you know anything about me, you'll know that I love Disney. When I was younger, I always wanted to be a Disney princess, so much so that one time I tried to close a door just like Cinderella but managed to trap my fingers! Nice one Anna. 

One of  reasons Disney movies are so good is of course their staying power. Years later, I find myself still attached to these characters and I don't feel embarrassed to admit that, and I can happily watch the films and listen to the songs without cringing. (However, I refuse to watch Bambi, Dumbo and The Fox and the Hound ever again! *wipes tears from eyes*). Not only are the classic Disney films still great, but the company is still releasing entertaining films today such as Tangled and Frozen (Olaf is literally the best thing ever!).

And now it seems these characters from my youth have come to life - well, almost... Artist Jirka Väätäinen has created some beautiful photo manipulations of these animated royals, and one villain - Ursula haunted my dreams for a good few years - entitled Real Life Disney Girls.

Cinderella from Cinderella



Belle from Beauty and the Beast




Aurora from Sleeping Beauty




Jasmine from Aladdin




Pocahontas from Pocahontas




Tiana from The Princess and the Frog




Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame




Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves




Tinkerbell from Peter Pan




Wendy from Peter Pan




Alice from Alice in Wonderland




Rapunzel from Tangled




Jane from Tarzan




Ariel from The Little Mermaid




Ursula from The Little Mermaid



Not only are these stunning pieces of art work, they are made even better by the fact they are Disney characters!

“You go to a Disney movie to feel good,” said Joe Alfuso, a Los Angeles based composer. “There’s always a feeling that’s great—love, compassion, hope, belief in the future. The whole idea of falling in love... ultimately, it's what we all want, it's what we're all looking for—a life full of love and fun and excitement and hope.”


Apologies if this turned into more of a post explaining my infatuation with Disney rather than about this amazing art work! So check out more of Jirka's work here.

Lots of Love, Anna x

0 comments:

Post a Comment